Last Updated on
How the Uridine Stack Can Enhance Synaptogenesis
The uridine stack is most commonly cited for its ability to improve synaptogenesis.
Synaptogenesis is the formation of new synapses between neurons in the brain. While synaptogenesis is a lifelong process, it slows down with age. Synaptogenesis is particularly important during critical periods of development whereby significant synaptic pruning occurs. Synapses form the basis of our learned behaviors and memories.
Three key nutrients have been discovered to promote this process of synpatogenesis – uridine, choline, and DHA.1https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/186319942https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/192629503https://www.karger.com/Article/Abstract/1933944https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/194006985https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/166311436https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4011061/
This research is very promising and is of considerable interest among the nootropics and medical community alike. Currently there a product called Souvenaid that is undergoing multiple clinical trials to study the effects of this stack. This includes a 6-month trial being conducted in over 35 sites across the United States.
Uridine Stack Advice and Dosage Information
Two forms of Uridine are available:
- Uridine Monophopshate (UMP) – water soluble form, cheaper. Recommended: UMP taken once a day at 150-200mg.
- Triacetyluridine (TAU) – fat soluble form, 4 to 7 times stronger than UMP, taken at 25-50mg a day.
DHA (Fish Oil)
- 1-2 grams per day of a high quality, DHA-rich fish oil, with for a daily total of at least 700mg of DHA.
- Start with about 300mg of Alpha-GPC and very slowly increase dosage if needed. I would not recommend taking more than 450mg in a day, as excessive acetylcholine levels can lower mood. If you experience headaches this may be a a sign that higher doses are needed.
- B-complex supplementation is needed because uridine depletes the bodies supply of Vitamin B9 (folate) and Vitamin B12 (cobalamin).
- A b-complex that uses Metafolin® is ideal to due poor availability of folic acid in some people with MTHFR gene mutations.Search for B-Complex on Amazon
Where to Buy a Uridine Stack
*Use coupon code
REDDITS at checkout and save 10%.